Mecha Morphing — A futuristic cyberpunk metaverse with multiple play-to-earn possibilities
Source: Mecha Morphing Twitter
Set in the distant future (the year 2107, to be exact) with a sci-fi cyberpunk background, Mecha Morphing is an Action Role-Playing Game (ARPG) with its own metaverse. Due to a prolonged war caused by a tyrannical leader, resources are scarce and being plundered.
In these darkest of times emerged a new type of hero known as the ‘rogue ones’, in which you are a part of. They operate in the black market where they trade resources that they can find and the mecha that they create. Despite being cynical towards the current regime, they remain kind-hearted and share what little food they have with the poor and disadvantaged. The rogue ones come from different walks of life but they are united by a common goal which is to defeat their enemies and restore freedom.
To begin, you will choose from a set of NFT base characters, in which you have the opportunity to create a unique version of each character. Through different ways of upgrading your mecha (armor and weapons), each character will develop distinguishable stats. All NFTs will be upgradeable as you level up your forging skills. Every level in the game will provide you with original resources and you can use these to build upon them. You can build your weapons and mechas through synthesis and crafting. Leveling up these mechas will allow you to have more stats to help you beat your enemies in the game.
The initial version of the game will have 5 different modes for you to earn but it doesn’t stop there. The team has promised to add more worlds and mini-games as the metaverse evolves.
The 5 game modes are:
- PVE: The main way to earn in the game. Level up your characters via your mecha (armor and weapons) to gain more stats. Raising your stats allows you to challenge more difficult monsters. The more challenging it is to defeat a monster, the higher the rates of their drops. Each day you are allotted a certain amount of stamina points and you use one stamina for each player you bring into the arena. You can choose how you’d like to spend your stamina.
- PVP: Here you can challenge your opponents to a duel in the arena! Flex and show who is stronger while being able to earn gold! During the event, other players will be able to come and spectate the match and they can also cheer you on by placing a bet on you within the crowd. A percentage of that pot will be the prize for the last warrior standing!
- Loot Mode: All players will have a few chances a day to loot a neighbor’s land and if you are successful, you will be rewarded with a percentage of the resources that the land produces for a certain period of time. If you are the owner of a land and successfully defend it, the attacker must then pay a penalty for the invasion and you will earn a boost in the resources produced for a period of time.
- Forging: Collect mecha during battles, tournaments, loots, and events. There are nine mecha slots per character. There will be a lot of mecha to collect for each player to optimize their stats. The higher you can level mecha, the higher the stats and the more the mecha will be worth. So it is worth putting some effort into leveling up your forging skills so that you can forge the best mecha. With higher forging skill, it’s more likely you can get higher rarity NFT, even possibly legendary items!
- Bounty: These are player-to-player smart contracts whereby you will be able to specify tasks that you would like to be done in return for a certain bounty reward. Any player who is willing to take up the tasks must complete the tasks before being given the prize in the contract. Always wanted to outsource your tasks to others so that you can be more efficient? Now here’s your chance.
Source: Mecha Morphing Website
The Mecha Morphing team has identified that many play-to-earn games these days tend to only plan for the short-term, thus leading to a problem of longevity for players playing the game. In this regard, the Mecha Morphing game is designed for a more sustainable ecosystem that will survive in the long-term. New resources will always be available for new players as the players progress in the form of new worlds being developed and released. We are also told that future gameplay will include a VR version so that we can have a fully immersive experience while we play!
There will be 2 tokens in the Mecha Morphing ecosystem — $MMC is the utility token and $MAPE its governance token. $MAPE token holders will be able to vote on proposals and share game revenue and it will also be needed for various tickets in the metaverse. A ticket is necessary for every time a player enters an arena battle and a different type of ticket will be necessary to enter into future new worlds that will be created. You can earn $MAPE by staking $MMC, or by joining their ‘create-to-earn’ program, whereby you will be rewarded in $MAPE for creating content related to the game.
$MMC will underpin the entire gameplay system. Players will earn $MMC in drops through the game systems. You will use $MMC to do everything during the game, including repairing Mecha, refilling health, buying NFTs in the marketplace, and for forging. $MMC is primarily obtained through PVE and PVP battles, land production, and by trading NFTs in the marketplace.
If you would like to get your hands on $MAPE tokens, they are holding their IDO on Polkastarter on 8 Feb 2022. Their mainnet launch is also expected to happen in the same month, so there’s plenty to look out for!